Thursday, March 10, 2011

Checkerboard... Everything!!!

Although most commonly seen on teenagers' wristbands, belts and Vans shoes, checkerboard can be a stylish, unique fashion statement. People love bold, high-contrast geometric patterns, as they are incredibly visually appealing, and its a great alternative to stripes. My boyfriend and I have gone on a checkerboard bender, collecting everything from stockings and scarves to ties and cufflinks. 

Here is a picture of my tights that I get complimented on all the time:
Link


























I got my boyfriend similar cufflinks for christmas.

Link













This checkerboard tie has a weird flat end, but I suppose thats unique. 

Link





















I have had my eye out for a checkerboard Prada purse that I saw last summer. Unfortunately, its nowhere to be found, making me think it was a fake. I was able to find something similar online, but I think it might be fake too. But I'll show you anyways because its pretty:

Link





















And here is a real Marc Jacobs checkerboard bag. Not as pretty, because I don't like gold, but still really nice.

Link


























These are amazing L.A.M.B. shoes. 

Link























Scarves are always in style, and this one is silk with a large checkerboard pattern:

Link



















This coat is not exactly checkerboard, its more of a diamond, but its very fun looking. 

Link


























The more bold of you can wear checkerboard skinny jeans. But it takes attitude to pull these off!

Link


























It is more nightclub wear than street wear, like this Forever 21 dress:

Link


























But if you're looking for a more day/street wear kinda dress, the large soft squares in this dress will work better.

Link


























And if you are rocking the catwalk, you can get away with even more crazy checkerboard get-ups!

A note though, do not confuse checkerboard with gingham, because no matter how in style it is, it will always make you look like a country bumpkin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment